Sunday, March 1, 2009

Potstickers

Cal and I made our own potstickers.  We used a cooked salmon, green onion, egg, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper mixture for the inside.  We were lazy and bought the wrappers instead of making our own, which are better but more work.  I like the assembly line method where I lay out several wrappers and put a heaping teaspoon of filling in the middle of each one (picture 1).  Then using my cup of water and a brush, moisten the outer edge and fold in half, crimping it with pressure from your fingers as you go (picture 2).  Once I have a pan full ready (picture 3), I let Cal cook then in a pan brushed with oil on medium+ for a couple minutes until browned on the bottom (picture 4).  Pour in water or chicken broth to cover the bottom of the pan, put on the lid and steam 30 seconds until the water or broth has evaporated and the potstickers have loosened from the pan (picture 5). Remove from pan and keep warm in the oven while you finish the rest.  Eat as they are or make a soy sauce concoction to go with it (picture 6).

1 comment:

Paula said...

You guys are getting way too creative! :-)